Why use a Construction Manager?
Construction projects can be complex, with many “moving parts” and players. A good Construction Manager is like a juggler, keeping all the elements moving together, educating and leading Owners through the challenges of design and construction. The benefit of having a Construction Manager managing your project is enormous.
A professional Construction Manager will:
- Serve as an objective, experienced Owner’s Representative (Advocate) to protect the Client’s and project’s best interests first and foremost.
- Reduce overall project costs, usually well in excess of their fees. Savings include competitive bidding, contract negotiation, reduced change orders, reduction in time, intelligent solutions and elimination of unnecessary scope and cost.
- Centralize communication, acting as project liaison to fully and seamlessly integrate all participants.
- Utilize experience to advise the Client on retention of the best qualified and appropriate project team.
- Establish and enhance quality control to reduce potential for defects and poor workmanship by pre-qualifying all contractors.
- Provide realistic and reliable budgets.
- Optimize and accelerate the design and construction schedule.
- Provide cost effective document controls, including contract negotiation and issuance on standard AIA forms, insurance review, and substantiation of invoices of all project participants to ensure correctness and timely pay-outs.
- Protect the Owner from unnecessary liability.
- Provide management expertise, applying resources wherever needed and offering hands on solutions.
The earlier a professional Construction Manager is retained, the better. We at IPRM, are proud to say that have never delivered a project late and we never been over budget.
Construction Management = Intelligent Construction Solutions.